Monday, May 9, 2011

A Letter From Daddy

I wrote this because I was inspired by a 5 year old little girl who happens to not know her father. It had nothing to do with her mother or anyone else. It simply was God's plan. She never met her father because he died in airplane crash. I, like this little girl have a similar story in not meeting a parent. The difference between the little girl and I is that I never met either of my father and mother (I was adopted from India when I was 18 months old).

Just recently today after my morning prayer; I felt an awakening in my heart that this is what my father would say on to me.This is what this little girls father would say on to her. It doesn't change the fact that we both will still have questions. Such as not knowing if he loves us or not(bc how do you love something you don't know about). Not knowing if he knows about us or if we exist. I am twenty-five years old and I still have those thoughts and questions. But I have chosen finally today to believe in something greater than my doubts and fears and anxieties. I have chosen to believe something more positive than negative when it comes to my birthfather. I am blessed and feel so happy to be where I am on this journey of discovery and of living. So I hope, even if you do not relate, maybe you can learn a little.


A Letter From Daddy
I know you probably don’t know what I know.
You probably want to know what I know or knew.
Yes, there are many things I didn’t do or could do.
But these things I do know are true.

I’ve caught the balloons you gave to the heavens and kept them by my side.
I’ve heard all of your prayers and have done what I can to help.
I have heard your laughter and joy.
I have heard your cries and sadness.
I have felt your happiness.
I have felt your kindness.
I have felt your love.

These things you must ask me, “How” and “Why”?
That is when I say to you,
It doesn’t matter if I’m down there with you
Or up here with Our Father
It doesn’t matter why we are apart because I will always be in your heart

Once I reached the gates of Heaven
Our Father told me about you
I fought my way back to you
But realized Heaven is where I must be
God planned for me to watch over you
From the heavens and amongst the night stars
Through the rays of sun, the mystical rain drops
And the fresh breezy air
I always am watching you and am within you.
I want you to know that I loved your mother
I loved her smile and her laughter
Her heart and her spirit
Most importantly because she gave me you

My Dearest Daughter, I love you so much
I cannot wait to meet you
But when we meet let it be much later from today
Live to see the things I have had the privilege to have seen
Live to feel the things I have had the honor to have felt
Live to hear the things I have been blessed to have heard

Lastly, do not forget that the Lord and I will watch over you and your mom everyday
Always go forward and do things because they make you happy and wholesome

Love Your Angel From Above, Daddy

1 comment: