Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Peace and Piece(s)

What  I am simply going to discuss is really a philosophical idea or perhaps a slight religious/spiritual question. Take it however you may.

When you do a puzzle there are pieces (maybe a few or a lot) that are put together to form a picture (big or small). A puzzle requires two things: Pieces and someone to put the puzzle together.  

Sometimes the puzzle has a box or illustration a person can refer to in order to put the puzzle together.  And sometimes there are no illustrations. Sometimes the puzzle is something you choose or you come across.

Just like in life; we are given a clue(s) on the next step and other times not. We are given things and others we stumble upon. 

We can live our life as a piece of the larger "puzzle" and have faith in God to use us in HIS puzzle( and for him to put the puzzle of our life together). For it is not our plans we shall seek but of HIS. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  (Jeremiah 29:11). For the Bible states: "Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God "(Galatians 6:16). 

The Lord asks us to put our faith in HIM for he knows how its going turn out before you can even begin to prosper an idea of a goal/ or dream. You see when you readily give yourself to God you are saying I will be a piece for you to use in this world/life (that we will call a large "puzzle") because I know I will gain peace.  

Peace does not come to  those who fight with the pieces that are around us or perhaps cover us.  I know this from personal experiences. For so long I felt I had God's love in me and believed in the word of the Bible; but,  I sadly admit I hadn't given myself readily and entirely to HIM. You see I had recently gone through some rather difficult family adversaries that made me angry and sad (it also didn't help that I already had those things prior to the current situation).

I began to foster my emotions and hide behind a facade of strength that I convincingly told myself I had (when really inside I was falling deeper into an abyss of unknown self destruction). I would become angry and depressed that I couldn't figure out how to make things right or least make others happy (unknowingly putting myself on the back burner and forgetting that my happiness matters too). One night after talking to some friends it really hit me hard! I had been crying myself to sleep for three nights  thinking about all that was said and done and feeling as though I couldn't possibly trek through it all and yet some how come out without thinking like a failure despite the logical explanations I knew I had. It was then I realized in a dream that I didn't  have to take the trek alone.God is never too busy to help and it wasn't my job to make others happy and be at peace (even though I struggle still with it today) because in doing so I was neglecting myself and clouding my own path. I spend hours, days, and months worrying about others and what I could do to help them (without realizing the toll it was taking on me inside).

So the following week in church I asked God to give me a re-do. I just simply prayed to him and said, "it's you and I. I give myself whole heartily to you today and everyday forward. I will do my best everyday to follow you. IF I should stray please help me find my way. In Jesus's name this I solemnly pray."

Since than I realized that when I give myself to the creator of our life "puzzle"
as  a sacrificial piece in his plan than I have peace. Peace to me is happiness. It is the mold that fills the holes of the unknown in me and it is the strength that carries me through tough times. It is the glory that I get bask in during the beautiful times. 

Granted, I am one piece to the puzzle and I will be surround by other pieces that either are with me and are connected with God and HIS plan(s) or they have yet to find their place in this world (puzzle).  I cannot and should not un puzzle myself to a point that I lose my place or  in order to help someone else.  I don't want to forget that the bigger picture is not mine to create for someone. I learned you can only give so much and if you spend all your time with a mannequin than you will lose sight of the living including yourself (like I once did). 

Whether you are Christian or not this applies to all really. Remember to help others (with the bigger picture  in mind) so the world will gain the most. Do not do for small individual gains.  Small steps are the ones unheard of and are the ones we fail to appreciate daily. A happy you is a happy world so make you a priority as you are what the world sees and follows. Let them mimic the greatness in you.




No comments:

Post a Comment