Wednesday, April 17, 2013

3 Questions

Somebody once asked "what do you mean you feel as if something within you is missing?" Another asked, "Will you ever feel whole and alive not knowing your entirety?" And lastly, but sure not the last of existence, "will you ever be happy?"
If I had time to say a response I'd say...

Is a donut still a donut despite the hole in the middle? Does it taste differently despite not having a center? Some would say that doesn't compare to an adopted person and their feelings. Well I beg to argue that I am much like a donut. I have many great qualities about me ( sometimes I'm decorative/festive with sprinkles) others times I'm simple and plain jane(no frosting). Nonetheless, I'm appealing and still have value whether its in general or to someone (caloric value if we want to be politically correct ) because I simply exist. So why pay attention to what something is missing rather than what something has already? Things may be missing thats not in question though its whether you can live with that and know what you have holds more value than what you don't have. That is not to say that I don't value my brithparents because I do (even though I don't have them); I have life because of them and that holds an insurmountable value to me.

To answer the second question... I pose this question: Ever plant a pot of flowers? You need dirt, seeds,a pot, sun and water. Simple enough right? Well when you plant the seeds in the dirt which is in the pot you need to feed it water and sun. We all know plants/flowers need water and the pot helps retain water for the roots to grow. I just happen to be a pot with a small crack leaking water ever so lightly. Does that mean my flower/plant will die? Maybe, but not necessarily. With the right nurturing and enviromental factors a crack in a pot can be so small in comparison to the fully bloomed flower. I guess what you need to realize is that looking at flaws (leaking crack in the pot) can take away the opportunity to see beauty/success (radiant blooming flower=living) no matter how big/small the challenge is (crack in the pot) or the opportunity to make change (glue)  in order for that beauty/success.

Lastly to answer the last question. I simply say I am. Why? Well happiness is like going to a amusement park. You go usually with people you know/care about (that brings a smile and happiness). You go on a ride that scares the crap out of you but it makes your loved one happy thus you're happy. Your repetitiously go on the same ride 15 times in a row because it makes you scream aloud in excitment and its makes you laugh. You're probably asking how this answers the question...truth is Happiness comes from ones ability to take upon opportunities that make them feel good thus they repeat the same action over hoping and believing they will have the same response as the first time. Happiness doesn't discriminate between your first time and the 15th time of going on a ride ... you make you're own happiness.

So this leaves me with saying whether you are adopted, married, single, had a rough childhood or are dealing with tough times. Remember three things: U are of great value, your beauty/greatness outweigh excessively to your flaws, and lastly, do things that make you happy because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment