Wednesday, April 17, 2013

They and I


They sit and laugh
Smile and cry
They have each other to turn to
They share something more than words can describe
They are each other’s constant reminder of what kept them alive
They get to share
But I’m left with things unsaid in the air

When they are down and nobody’s around
They are each other’s sound that brings peace within
The hug with the same skin as their kin
They get to console
But I’m left with only my soul

Verbatim they speak of their memories
Proudly retelling their stories
Whether sad or happy
They have cathartic releases
But I’m left with endless pieces

Unlike them we parted too soon
If only I had wings I’d fly to the moon
Catching all the stars and placing them before me
Asking God to guide me
To you as if it’s a must do
Leaping from star to star
Inching closer and closer
Just to have a glimpse
Clearer than my reflection in the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment